The Grange Estate & Mansion
Myrtle Ave. and Warwick Rd
Havertown, PA 19083
he Grange Estate is a historic mansion in Haverford. Built in 1700 and expanded several times through the 1850s, it was purchased by Haverford Township in 1974. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
The home was owned by patriot John Ross during the late 18th century, who gave his country estate its current name after the home of Lafayette. Ross's home was frequented by several notable historic figures including George Washington and Lafayette.
The mansion is now maintained as a museum and community center. Regular tours are available from April to October and during the December holidays. Admission: Adults $2, Children up to 12 year old $1.
© Main Line Video Guide