Located in eastern Chester County, Tredyffrin Township was originally settled in 1682 by a group of Welsh settlers and was incorporated as a township in 1707. On its northern boundary is part of Valley Forge National Historical Park. Other communities within Tredyffrin Township include Berwyn, Devon, Paoli, Chesterbrook, Strafford, and part of Wayne.
There are many Historic sites within the township. Valley Forge National Historical Park includes various quarters where Revolutionary War generals lodged. Knox Bridge is located within the park and it is the logo for Tredyffrin Township.
One of Tredyffrin's first schools was the Old Eagle School, established in 1788. Next to it sits a graveyard which contains graves of local residents and soldiers who died at Valley Forge during the winter of 1777-1778.
Present day students in Tredyffrin Township attend Tredyffrin/Easttown School District. The District has a reputation for excellence in its academic program and outstanding student accomplishment. Tredyffrin Township is home to many highly regarded private schools.
Tredyffrin Township has approximately 345 acres of parkland. 14 acting parks are dedicated for recreation activities. 6 permanent open space areas are designed for nature exploration and preservation.
Tredyffrin Township is home to many corporations. Paoli Hospital
is a top ranked suburban hospital providing health care for the community.
© Main Line Video Guide